« Home | Part 4 of Kentucky Post » | My 40th post. Appropriate that it should be writte... » | From an empty room on the first floorAs the cars p... » | If this is the last thing I do,I'll be sure to go ... » | Championships » | 36th post, 1st on new temp. » | We might have to redo this..... » | Thank You Brittni! » | As y'all can see I changed my format, still not as... » | No Clear Today »

Kentucky post part 3

After we finished this chat we went to the ‘gas bar’ and got a calling card so I could call home. I did that. And then went to bed. Then the gift shop…lalalala….skipping this parttt……other then the fact we got in free cause we were just going to the gift shop.
“why pay money to spending money?”…………………(gate person)

Then we set off to get to Mammoth caves for our 4 o’clock tour. 250 Ft below the surface. Descending 60 ft shafts, squeezing through 1 foot gaps, ‘Fat Man’s Agony’. There really isn’t much else to say, because words can’t describe it. It was……God.

After the tour we took a trip to the original natural entrance. It was humid, but as we approached the sink-hole in which the opening was located a cool wind current chilled the air. We walked down (the newly constructed stairs) into the cave and felt the frigid temperatures, if it had been raining in the cave it would have been snow, or sleet it was that cold. We walked to the end where there were no lights and came across a barred of area, the location of a different tour. we walked back out and as we were assending the stairs the humid air engulfed us and left me with fogged up glasses. =O. It was cold!
We spent the night at Country Inn & suites a little way down the I-65. had Aunt Bea’s for dinner, a good nights sleep after some more football, then Aunt Bea’s again for breakfast, and the leftovers from guess who’s? Aunt Bea’s for Lunch. But before lunch…we visited ‘The Kentucky Down Under’ at which I patted a baby Kangaroo named Dobbin, had a bird land on my head(2 actually), feed a lamb(So cute! Darnit! =D) and defaced currency.
I would tell you about that right now and here but instead I’m saving the deets of that for another post. For now I’ll stick to the trip.

Here we go again!

That afternoon we drove to some little town around Corbin. We stayed at the Ramada, Our first pool. Had dinner at the original KFC location(Yes mal CHICKENNN). Called Saunder’s Café. With a museum and store on the location we ate and guzzled Pepsi, no really! And took a pile of pictures. Most of which I will post once I get them back from Bibi. Then back to the hotel for a late night dip, only 10 actually. Then football and a designing show and bed.

The next morning was early, 6. Breakfast was a Krispy Kreme Donut, Froot Loops, a piece of toast and a sausage patty. Yummmmmyy. So we drove and drove and drove. And the strip mining they do up there didn’t amuse me much so I fell asleep for a bit. Strip mining is where they take all the coal and leave the mountain empty, ugly and bare.
I woke up when we got gas and then went to Wal-Mart, in Hazard, that’s the name of the town. Anybody know the Dukes of Hazard? Ask your parents.

We got grapes, apple, bananas, milk, a Kit Kat and some M&Ms (dark chocolate-not available in Canada) I am currently finishing the M&Ms, coincidentally the last one is Orange. Yum…..Empty package……=(…….hey if anyone is going to the states get me some more and I’ll pay you back! More driving………………8 hour driving day. Go through the rest of Kentucky, West Virginia, and end up in Meadville Pennsylvania. At the Days Inn, with a pool. =D. Went to Pizza Hut, took it to the room and tucked all 8 pillows around it, went for a swim, then came back, had a shower and watched a designing show while we ate. The pizza was still really hot. Packed up the next morning, went for a swim, another long shower, cold pizza for breakfast, time to get packed….its 11 our latest morning and our last. Its Saturday, the trip is almost over. Drive to NY and to the Falls, stop at a Outlet Mall, bought a long-sleeve purple and grey striped shirt at The Gap, had lunch at Subway(got stickerrrrsss =D that simply said Made my day!) then went to Old Navy where I bought a Raspberry tank and a Smartie Green long sleeve shirt. (<(while listening to new CD)
“who is this”
“Skillet”
“what?”
“they’re called Skillet”
“how would you like to be know as a pan?”
(I’m baffled. Yes I did eventually get it. =P)……..
Then off to the American Falls. Never been on that side before. Took pictures. Then crossed the ‘Rainbow Bridge’