« Home | Kentucky post part 3 » | Part 4 of Kentucky Post » | My 40th post. Appropriate that it should be writte... » | From an empty room on the first floorAs the cars p... » | If this is the last thing I do,I'll be sure to go ... » | Championships » | 36th post, 1st on new temp. » | We might have to redo this..... » | Thank You Brittni! » | As y'all can see I changed my format, still not as... »

Kentucky post part 2

I thought that Canada was very poorly represented in this meager outturn of provincial license plates. Hmmm. Anyways. At the Horse Park we went to a couple of the shows, even if it was rather raining. Then we took pictures of some tiny little Falabellas that don’t race. No joke. lol. If you aren’t very horse knowledgeable just look them up on the web. Then you will laugh at the thought of racing them. Though they do pull chuck wagons. Mini chuck wagons. Well Lunch was homemade…and a little quirky but it was good! So yes we continued on the show circuit and saw John Henry, Da Hoss, Cigar, and Sewell Slew( I think that’s her name…something Slew at least) all racing greats. Still living. We saw the Man ‘O War Monument, did you know one of his running strides is 28 ft and 5 of mine?, I know you didn’t lol. *Drop Jaw*. We got this real sweet picture of two foals playing, it’s a statue but the bridles were so realistic. Like they were actually hanging loosely off their heads. Also we saw the Secretariat statue. I believe that he was a Triple Crown winner and won one of those races in the fastest time ever run by a horse, he still holds that record. We still had about 45 minutes before the Park closed so we hit the museum. Wow. It was insane. They had suspended carriages and stagecoaches and horse that were…stuffed….I don’t really know how you say that in a nice way. Considering that they really are stuffed. Yucky ahh well if you don’t know what I’m talking about, think of a moose head. If you kill a moose (which I don’t recommend) you don’t just hang the head in your house. It would rot and attract flies and smell Bad and generally be quite a nuisance. You stuff it. Right so that’s what I’m saying. Anyways. They had a tapestry that was like 2 school buses lengths long and 1 school bus length wide. It was huge and it had pictures stitched into it of derby winners and crowds and the race and quotes and then you went down a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg set of stairs and went into the trophies room. Its like huge and has glass cabinets of derby cups and awards for horse of the year and everything. Then there was the paintings room and that was cool. Now if I could paint like that……I probably wouldn’t have time for a blog. =P

When we left it was closing time, and we were due to come back tomorrow for a farm tour, and to visit the gift shop. So we went to the hotel. (it was still pouring) and then to The Cracker Barrel for dinner. Where I had Old Fashioned Country Style Ham, in less technical terms it was Ham, and good at that. Fried apples, which aren’t really fried, more like sliced apples in a hot syrupy sauce. It sounds a little gross but it is excellent. Green beans that had been cooked/smoked over a real fire they had going in their Gigantic fireplace. Oh and did I mention that everything in Kentucky is Huge? The horses, the hotels, the houses, the restaurants, the meals, the fireplaces. Everything. Worst of all, most of the people too. =P

So yes. I watched football again that night and got to bed around 11. woke up at 7. Went to the Thoroughbred Center, where they train hundreds of horses to race. They have 2 tracks, one 5/8 mile, the other 7/8 mile, 30 barns and over a thousand horses on the grounds. We went on a tour of the grounds. Can you tell? Anyways. Turns out we were the only ones on our tour to we got to sit in the clocker’s booth and time the runners. Also something interesting. The owner hires the trainer and the trainer brings in the groom, jockey and exercise boy. The exercise boy only spends ten minutes atop the horse, but gets $10 a mount. The day before we went on the tour there had been another tour and the group had talked to on of the exercise boys. It was 9:30 in the morning and he already had had 25 mounts and that from Sun-up to 9:30. Imagine a day full! When we had finished the tour we went and took some pictures of the surrounding area. Then headed back to the KY Horse Park for our farm tour. Now when I say farm tour, I’m not talking a filthy run-down dinky cow farm. No sirree, these are multi-billionaire’s farms that have given permission for us to walk through their barns, that could fool anyone into thinking they were mansions. In fact one of the ‘farms’ we went by were ‘out of the horse business’ had over 200 horses and were now into the land developing trade. It was insane! There was a 3 mile(yes mile) drive just to the house!
Then we visited some racers that were to race at Keeneland (the local track) the next day.
(which the individual horses won in their divisions). Later in the day we dropped by a place called Wallace Station. It has the best sandwiches in the stated of Kentucky, apparently, actually I liked the peanut butter cookie the size of a double burger better. That and the chocolate cheesecake that we saved to have with tea in the afternoon. It was deli-o-spack-tar. After lunch we headed out to continue through some more farms. The first of the after lunch set and the last of the tour was one that has a 100 million dollar horse boarding there. I fed that certain horse a mint. Though I sort of forget his name. =S.
Oh well. I also feed a mint to a certain 40 million dollar horse, named Tiznow. Winner of every race he’s ever entered. So then we went back to the park. But we were very tired and instead of setting of immeadiatly on the ‘Dreamer Driving Tour’(if you have ever seen the movie Dreamer that is the movie I am talking about, you drive around the country, the set of the movie. And if you haven’t seen it you should.) we went back to the motel and had a nap. I ended up having a 3 ½ hour nap and only waking up at 5 something to America’s Funniest Home Videos. Haha! Ballerina Rips One, Monkey Love, Prayer Boy and the Tipsy Chicks. LOL! Ask me. =P. So then we went to Bob Evans for dinner. (sadly we never got the chance to do the driving tour) I had Pork Loin, and Veg., I forget what type it was. Anyways, as we watched a designer show we realized that we had forgotten to go to the gift shop.
“Maybe in the morning, if we have time.”
What a way to make a body get to bed lickety split with their bag already packed.
Well we had time.
I got….well I won’t tell you…most of you will see it today…however for special people…just ask.
[Tangent]—hmm I’ve been saying ‘just ask’ a lot, I like people asking me questions. Just not stupid ones like ‘hows the weather been this week?’ yeah mostt people don’t say that, but some do. =P [tangent finished]